Sustainability has always been at the heart of our business. We care about our customers, products, people and planet.
We’re trying to create a positive change through our brand for those who want to live an authentic life, and raise as much awareness as we can in the process. We’re constantly taking steps to improve our environmental and ethical processes, so d'Francisco can be as sustainable as possible. From our production processes to our packaging.
We don't have all the answers, but we know that we need to work together to have a positive impact on future generations.
For Camila and Liliana (founders), being sustainable was their priority from day one. That is why they incorporated 3D printing technology in their design process, as it helps reduce waste in their manufacturing. But even so, they knew this wasn’t enough, so they extended their sustainability efforts to their materials as well. d’Francisco works with recycled fine metals, such as silver, that don't negatively impact the environment. In fact, they decided to use recycled silver that is taken from electronics, x-ray films, old jewelry and such items to create their pieces, reducing metal waste on the planet.
1. Our designs are made with 3D printing technology to reduce the wax waste when creating prototypes. The 3D printing technology also helps minimize waste because everything is produced on-demand.
2. Material used for support structures is not contaminated and can be remelted and used for more pieces.
3. No chemicals or inks are added to the pieces.
4. All pieces are made in Colombia, by local artisans who get paid fairly.
5. Pieces are made in high quality 925 recycled silver to keep forever! Precious metals can be recycled repeatedly without degradation in quality, they are a naturally renewable resource. In other words, same quality, much better for the environment.
Our packaging is eco-friendly!
1. The bleached fiber pulps used in our boxes are 100% chlorine free.
2. All boxes are certified by the BASC [Business Alliance for secure commerce] and the FSC, guaranteeing a well forest management.
3. The inks are colbat free and mineral oil free. Recommended for printing according to "Blue Angel", "Nordic Swan", Austrian Ecolabel and EU Ecolabel.
4. The pillows inside the boxes are made out of reusable filling.